The main reason why people do not try to heal themselves and their families is one of belief. Quite simply, they don’t believe that they have the power, gift or ability required to make a difference. They either believe that in order to be a healer you have to be born with ‘special gifts’, that you have to be connected to an external source of healing energy like Reiki, or they believe that healing is nothing more than imagination.
Nothing could be further from the truth! In actual fact we all have an extremely powerful healing source within us, and that is our heart energy. This isn’t some fluffy new-age concept, it is an established fact.
The field of energy around your heart is amazingly strong. In fact it is several thousand times stronger than the field of energy around your brain! Think about that for a minute or two…. What is more, the heart centre is the centre of love which is a very high and pure vibration. It is therefore perfect for clearing lower, negative energies in the world around us.
When healing, we are using subtle energies: Chi, life-force energy, the energetic signatures of thoughts, feelings and intentions. In the past, people believed we were all separate and that our thoughts and feelings had no direct effect on the physical world. However, Quantum Physics has shown that this could not be further from the truth. Everything is energy, everything is connected, and at the smallest scale the universe is a soup of sub-atomic potential – ourselves included! Potential means it only has probability, and its final form has not been fixed. The form only becomes fixed when we observe it. So, when we consciously connect ourselves to this field, we can instigate changes.
The principle we will be using for healing is to expand our heart energy, connect ourselves to the universal field energy, and make intentioned changes. There have been many experiments which have shown scientifically that the focused intention does produce real, measurable effects on other people’s physiology. If you’re interested, then I recommend you read Lynne McTaggart’s book, ‘The Intention Experiment.’ You will never think about the world in the same way again.
The first step towards being a healer is to connect to your heart energy. Not only will this develop your natural heaing gifts, but it is also very beneficial for your own health and well-being. Here is an exercise to start you off.
Part 1: The Connection
- Sit quietly and close your eyes. (You can be holding your child or baby while you do this.)
- Now, feel your consciousness in your head. Then gradually move it down through your neck and throat, down through your upper chest, and finally bring it into your heart.
- Once there, feel your heart’s energy. You might feel it as a warmth, or a tingling sensation. If you don’t feel anything yet, simply imagine that you feel something. If can be helpful to imagine a beautiful flame there – see it in your mind’s eye.
- Now focus on that heart energy. With each in-breath, feel or see that energy getting stronger and brighter. It’s as if the oxygen in your breath is feeding the flames. Let it expand with each breath so that it is no longer limited to your chest, but fills your entire body.
- You only need to do this for a couple of minutes for it to have an effect. The best thing is to incorporate it into your daily routine, either when feeding your baby, or cuddling your child, or just when you get into bed at night.
Part 2: The Awareness
- The next step is very important: as you go about your day, keep a small part of your brain tuned into that heart energy. This is not difficult to do, it is just an intentioned awareness, just as if a few of your brain cells are looking at that light inside your heart.
- After you have been doing this a while, you will find that it takes no effort at all. That awareness will have simply become part of you.
By consciously connecting to your heart energy, and expanding it, you are giving your brain a new message. If you do this consistently for three weeks, that message will be accepted as normal and the connection will become second nature. Remember, it doesn’t take very long to do, but you must do it regularly. Trust me when I say it is worth it.
In the next post we’ll start healing.